Consider Vado your high-performance transportation bike, getting you where you’re going with an unmatched combination of speed, reliability, and confidence. Whether you load it up with your stuff, or jump on and go, commute to work, or ride to the gym, Vado’s full power and huge range will get you from ‘point A’ to ‘point B’ ASAP.
The Specialized Vado has everything you need for e-powered transport. It brings a balanced nature to the way it handles and superior levels of comfort, plus a motor range of up to 90 miles. This is a true class leader of its type.
TURBO: The heart of the Vado is its Turbo technology, an advanced and integrated electric bike system that delivers an unequaled combination of power, natural feel, anti-theft functions, training tips, a full-function bike computer, 93 miles / 150 km of range, and more.
POWERFUL: It’s you, just faster — it’s 4x You. The Turbo Full Power system senses the force you apply to the pedals and naturally quadruples it for an experience that makes getting up any hill or to any destination no sweat. Literally.
COMFORTABLE AND CONFIDENT: Body position and handling are optimized to deliver unsurpassed riding comfort, confidence, and control. Powerful hydraulic disc brakes reign in your speed, while larger tires provide maximum traction for turning and stopping.
SMOOTH: Stay comfortable in the saddle with an 80mm front suspension fork, and higher volume tires that smooths harsh bumps from points A to B.
SECURE: Vado has anti-theft lock built right into the bike. Prevent would-be bike thieves by disabling the motor with a press of a button so no one can turn on the motor without your phone connected to the Specialized app or your personalized pin. The Vado’s battery locks in the bike or can be easily taken with you. And if anyone tries to move your bike an alarm will sound. Beat it, thieves.
The speed limit at which the motor will stop supporting may vary significantly by region and is based on local requirements. It may also affect range: a higher speed limit may result in less range.
- Turbo Full Power 2.0E motor and 530Wh battery offer an unparalleled riding experience, providing a smooth, seamless, and shockingly quiet amplification of your efforts, up to 28 mph. The integrated controller responds to your pedal inputs resulting in intuitive amplification of your efforts with an incredibly natural feel.
- MasterMind and Specialized app – The MasterMind display reveals all relevant info about your ride and allows real-time tuning of support levels. MasterMind seamlessly integrates with the Specialized app for range optimization tools, advanced tuning, on-ride diagnostics, and more.
- Proven Smooth Efficiency – We designed a custom testing mechanism to analyze bumps at even the smallest frequency to increase comfort and vision. That precision, paired with higher volume tires, and an 80 mm suspension fork, will flatten roads before your eyes.
- Turbo System Lock – Use the Specialized app to disable your bike’s motor and activate the motion sensor alarm. Once locked, the motor cannot be enabled again except by the owner.
- Fully Integrated Removable and Lockable Downtube Battery – Easy to charge, easy to secure.
- Equipped with DRYTECH Fenders, LED front and rear lights, and 27kg capacity rear HD Rack. The rear rack is compatible with child bike seats, and the bike is also rated to pull a thru-axle trailer.
- Long-Range – With a ride-anywhere range, go up to 68 miles (110 km) or 5 hours on a single charge (eco mode).
Charger Custom charger, 42V4A w/ Rosenberger plug, 100-240V
Wiring Harness Custom wire harness
UI/Remote MasterMind TCD, w/handlebar remote, built-in anti-theft feature, Bluetooth® connectivity, customizable display pages
Motor Specialized 2.0E, 50Nm torque, custom tuned motor, 250W nominal
Battery Specialized U2-530, alloy casing, state of charge display, 530Wh
Fenders Specialized DRYTECH fenders, 65mm width, aluminum fenderstay
Headlight Lezyne EBIKE MINI STVZO E65, 210 Lumen, 12V
Bell Simple bell
Taillight Spanninga Commuter Glow XE, 12V
Pedals Specialized Commuter w/ grip tape & reflectors
Kickstand Specialized kickstand, 40mm mount
Rack Specialized rack, MIK HD interface, built-in pannier mounts, 27kg max load
Bike Lock Turbo System Lock
Chainrings Praxis, 48T, 104BCD
Crankset Custom alloy forged crankarms
Chaincase Custom chaincover
Chain KMC e9T, 9-speed w/ Missing Link™
Shift Levers Shimano Alivio, 9-speed w/ Optical Gear Display
Rear Derailleur Shimano Alivio, SGS, 9-speed
Cassette Shimano CS-HG400, 9-speed, 11-36t
Wheels & Tires :
Rims 650b disc, double-wall alloy, pinned, 32h
Spokes DT Swiss Industry
REAR TYRE Pathfinder Sport Reflect, 650Bx2.3
FRONT TYRE Pathfinder Sport Reflect, 650Bx2.3
Front Hub Shimano MT400, Centerlock, 15x100mm, 32h
Rear Hub Shimano MT400-B, Centerlock, 12×148 Boost, 32h
Inner Tubes Standard 40mm SV 650Bx1.75-2.4
Seat Binder Alloy, bolt-type, 34.9mm
Frame E5 Aluminum, bottom bracket motor mount, fully integrated &lockable downtube battery, internal cable routing, lock and front rack mount, sliding dropout
Saddle Bridge Sport, Steel rails, 155mm
Grips Specialized Body Geometry Contour, lock-on
Stem Specialized Flowset, 3D-forged alloy, 20-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
SeatPost Specialized, 6061 alloy, 2-bolt clamp, 0mm setback, 30.9mm
Handlebars Specialized, alloy, 15-degree backsweep, 46mm rise, 31.8mm
Fork SR Suntour MobieA32, 80mm travel, lockout, fender-mounts, integrated light mount
Rear Brake Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 180mm Centerlock
Front Brake Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 180mm Centerlock
Weight 21.8kg (48 lb, 1 oz)
Weight Size MD