The traditional tyre manufacturer Pirelli is heading for new shores – in their choice of tyre names though, the Italians remain true to themselves. Whereas the P ZERO™ models stand out for maximum road performance in the automotive sector and in road cycling, the SCORPION™ models rather prefer muddy rides off the road.
The SCORPION™ MTB tyres have been developed based on Pirelli’s many years of experience with the SCORPION™MX in motocross and specifically adapted to mountain biking. The SCORPION™MTB H is a specialist for hard terrain. Its compact tread pattern with low-profile lugs and small gaps between the blocks offers low rolling resistance and high grip on hard and rocky terrain. Thanks to Pirelli SmartGRIP Compound, the SCORPION™MTB H even doesn’t care about whether you are riding on dry or wet ground.
The centre tread including lugs is made from a single rubber compound and guarantees predictable and constant handling from the first day to the last. In addition, the robust casing of the tubeless ready tyre impresses with great damping and high puncture resistance.
• H – Hard Terrain – red – focus on hard and rocky terrain
• Developed with the know-how gained from many years of motocross
• Size-specific tuning for the intended use
• SmartGRIP Compound all-round for dry and wet conditions
Pirelli SCORPION™MTB H 2.2:
• Size: 29“ x 2.2“
• Intended use: Cross Country, Trail
• Folding tyre (clincher)
• Smooth 120 TPI casing with Anti Tear Tread Compound
• Tubeless ready
• Recommended rim width: 25 mm (inner width)
• Weight: approx. 695 g